The Lend A Hand Project is dedicated to enhancing the lives of the needy on Long Island based upon the highest tenets of charitable giving. Through the anonymous pairing of volunteer supporters with neighbors in need, we extend a helping hand to provide not only material assistance, but also ongoing relationships and friendship with complete dignity.
Our Upcoming Events!
TUESDAYS IN MAY ARE FOR ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA
Board of Directors & Staff
- Stewart Ain
- Deborah Biederman * §
- Jill Cohen*
- Donald Fischer
- Ellen Gordon
- Ellen Greenberg * §
- Dr. Stephen Greenberg * §
- Harold Guttenplan
- Harriet Harris
- Ronald Jasser *
- Gail Jospa *
- Marilyn Leibowitz *
- Susan Lusting *
- Rabbi Susie Heneson Moskowitz
- Rabbi Deanna Pasternak
- Helen Rock *
- Vicki Rosen
- Nina Sandler
- Roslyn Sherman *
- Barry Shorten
- Carin Silverman
- Gloria Safran * §
- Brett Topel *
- Dr. Michael J. Weiner
- Michael D. Weiner
- Jack Zucker
* Executive Committee Member
§ Past President
The Lend A Hand Project would like to thank the following companies for supporting our mission through their donations:
- Alcott Group
- America Safe ‘n Sound
- Dr. Sima Anand
- ASR Landscaping
- B & G Group Insurance Co.
- Dr. Robert M. Burma, D.C.
- Cannon & Acosta LLP
- Cruser, Mitchell & Novitz LLP
- Dr. Merik C. Dolber Islandia M.R.I. Associates
- Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana LLP
- Gutterman’s Inc.
- Hirschfeld Agency Inc.
- Huntington Bay Dental
- Hyperion Wealth Advisors
- Dr. Hector Melgar, P.T., P.C. Brentwood Physical Rehab.
- Metric Subaru
- Mordfin Group LLP
- Payroll Dynamics
- Rivkin, Radler LLP
- Dr. Aron Rovner, P.L.L.C.
- Star of David Memorial Chapel
- Stew Leonard’s
- Tsunis, Gasparis LLP
- Dr. David M. Tubens, D.C.
- U.S. Luggage
- V.I.P. Automotive Group
The Lend A Hand Project’s Synagogue Partner program recognizes those synagogues that are working together with us to achieve our mission. Some synagogues sponsor The Lend A Hand Project families through their Sisterhood, Men’s Club, Religious School, Nursery School or Social Action Club, or have instituted “drives” to support our programs. We welcome the opportunity to work together with your synagogue.
- Bellmore Jewish Center, Bellmore
- Bnai Israel Reform Temple, Oakdale
- Commack Hills, Tova Hadassah Chapter, Commack
- Community Reform Temple, Westbury
- Community Synagogue, Port Washington
- Congregation B’nai Sholom-Beth David, Rockville Centre
- Congregation Tifereth Israel, Glen Cove
- Dix Hills Jewish Center, Dix Hills
- Huntington Jewish Center, Huntington
- Kehillat Chovevei Tzion, East Setauket
- Merrick-Bellmore Hadassah, Merrick
- North Shore Jewish Center, Port Jefferson Station
- North Shore Synagogue, Syosset
- Plainview Jewish Center, Plainview
- Reconstructionist Synagogue of the North Shore, Manhasset
- Sandsport/Shoshana Hadassah, Port Washington
- South Huntington Jewish Center, Melville
- Temple Beth Chai, Hauppauge
- Temple Beth David, Commack
- Temple Beth El, Huntington
- Temple Beth Sholom, Roslyn Heights
- Temple Beth Torah, Melville
- Temple Beth Torah, Westbury
- Temple Emanuel of East Meadow, East Meadow
- Temple Isaiah, Stony Brook
- Temple Sinai, Roslyn Heights
These organizations have generously agreed to partner with us in the ongoing battle against poverty on Long Island.
- Babylon Beach House
- Cancer Care
- Community Housing Innovations
- Family and Children’s Association-Family Ties
- Family Prevention Services
- Family Service League
- Five Towns J.C.C.
- Friedberg J.C.C.
- Half Hollow Hills HS East Honor Society
- Mid-Island J.C.C.
- POB Cares
- Sid Jacobson J.C.C.
- Zeta Phi Beta – International Service Sorority
Additional affiliates include:
- Transitional Housing Residencies
- Food Banks
- Social Workers