The Lend A Hand Project is dedicated to enhancing the lives of the needy on Long Island based upon the highest tenets of charitable giving. Through the anonymous pairing of volunteer supporters with neighbors in need, we extend a helping hand to provide not only material assistance, but also ongoing relationships and friendship with complete dignity.
Board of Directors & Staff
- Stewart Ain
- Deborah Biederman * §
- Jill Cohen*
- Donald Fischer
- Ellen Gordon
- Ellen Greenberg * §
- Dr. Stephen Greenberg * §
- Harriet Harris
- Ronald Jasser *
- Marilyn Leibowitz *
- Susan Lusting *
- Rabbi Susie Heneson Moskowitz
- Rabbi Deanna Pasternak
- Helen Rock *
- Vicki Rosen
- Nina Sandler
- Roslyn Sherman
- Barry Shorten
- Carin Silverman
- Gloria Safran * §
- Brett Topel
- Michael D. Weiner
* Executive Committee Member
§ Past President
The Lend A Hand Project would like to thank the following companies for supporting our mission through their donations:
- Alcott Group
- America Safe ‘n Sound
- Dr. Sima Anand
- ASR Landscaping
- B & G Group Insurance Co.
- Dr. Robert M. Buurma, D.C.
- Roger Acosta, Esq., Cannon & Acosta LLP
- Cruser, Mitchell & Novitz LLP
- Dr. Dan Jansen, The Jansen Group
- Dr. Merik C. Dolber & Associates
- Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana LLP
- Gutterman’s Inc.
- Hirschfeld Agency Inc.
- Huntington Bay Dental
- Hyperion Wealth Advisors
- Dr. Hector Melgar, P.T., P.C. Brentwood Physical Rehab.
- Metric Subaru
- Mordfin Group LLP
- Payroll Dynamics
- Rivkin, Radler LLP
- Dr. Aron Rovner, P.L.L.C.
- Star of David Memorial Chapel
- Stew Leonard’s
- Tsunis, Gasparis LLP
- Dr. David M. Tubens, D.C.
Foundations and Grants
The Lend A Hand Project is grateful for very generous grants from:
- The Herman Goldman Foundation
- The Tsunis Family Foundation
- UJA/Federation of New York
The Lend A Hand Project’s Synagogue Partner program recognizes those synagogues that are working together with us to achieve our mission. Some synagogues sponsor The Lend A Hand Project families through their Sisterhood, Men’s Club, Religious School, Nursery School or Social Action Club, or have instituted “drives” to support our programs. We welcome the opportunity to work together with your synagogue.
- B’nai Israel Reform Temple, Oakdale
- Commack Hills, Tova Hadassah Chapter, Commack
- The Community Synagogue, Port Washington
- Congregation Beth Ohr, Bellmore
- Congregation Tifereth Israel, Glen Cove
- Dix Hills Jewish Center, Dix Hills
- Huntington Jewish Center, Huntington
- Kehillat Chovevei Tzion, East Setauket
- Merrick-Bellmore Hadassah, Merrick
- North Shore Jewish Center, Port Jefferson Station
- North Shore Synagogue, Syosset
- Plainview Jewish Center, Plainview
- Reconstructionist Synagogue of the North Shore, Manhasset
- Sands Point/Shoshana Hadassah, Port Washington
- South Huntington Jewish Center, Melville
- Temple Beth David, Commack
- Temple Beth El, Huntington
- Temple Beth Sholom, Roslyn Heights
- Temple Beth Torah, Melville
- Temple Beth Torah, Westbury
- Temple Isaiah, Stony Brook
These organizations have generously agreed to partner with us in the ongoing battle against poverty on Long Island.
- Babylon Beach House
- Bethrock USY, Roslyn
- Cancer Care
- Community Housing Innovations
- Family and Children’s Association-Family Ties
- Family Prevention Services
- Family Service League
- Five Towns J.C.C.
- Friedberg J.C.C.
- “Genser Dubow Genser & Cona LLP – Elder Law Counselors
- Half Hollow Hills HS East Honor Society
- Half Hollow Hills HS West Honor Society
- Mid-Island J.C.C.
- POB Cares
- Roslyn High School Student Groups
- Soroptimist International, L.I. Chapter
- Sid Jacobson J.C.C.
- UJA-Federation of New York
- Zeta Phi Beta International Service Sorority, L.I. Chapter
Additional affiliates include:
- Transitional Housing Residences
- Food Banks
- Social Workers