Now that the holidays are behind us, we must continue to keep all of our Recipients in our thoughts and realize the impact we make on their lives. A recently arrived comment from one Recipient: “There is never a moment, never a day, never a second that we are not grateful for having you in our lives.”
- SAVE THE DATE! Our Spring Event will be held this year on Sunday, April 30th at Cold Spring Country Club. We will be honoring Mr. Anthony Viola. We have already assembled an impressive list of raffle/auction prizes! The entire event will have a Beatles theme, complete with a performance by Penny Lane, a Beatles tribute Band! For more information, go to our website at lendahandproject.org .
- Thanks to all of our Sponsors, and our Synagogue Partners (South Huntington Jewish Center, Dix Hills Jewish Center, Huntington Jewish Center, and Temple Isaiah), all of our 300 Recipient children received multiple gifts and gift cards to ensure a joyful holiday celebration. Thank you to case manager Ellen Acosta, who organized and expedited the entire project.
- Another big contributor to our holiday drive efforts was Zeta Phi Beta, a national service sorority. Welcome to the LAHP family! We thank you and look forward to a continued partnership with your very generous group of women.
- Please remember to participate in the Amazon Smile program. There is no additional cost to you, but the impact on The Lend A Hand Project is great. If you have not tried it yet, go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-3644034 and login with your regular Amazon password. Then shop while you support LAHP!
- Temple Beth Sholom of Roslyn Heights, held a “pretzel sale” on a Sunday after Hebrew School. Families had the opportunity to purchase fresh, hot New York-style pretzels. We are proud to have been one of the recipients of these tasty proceeds.
- Once again, The Lend A Hand Project has been selected by the Silvian Foundation to receive a substantial grant enabling us to fulfill our mission. We are very grateful for this opportunity.
- Many employers have matching gift programs. Please ask your employer to add LAHP to their list of supported charities.
- Community service organizations and professionals continue to reach out to us with referrals for the growing number of needy on Long Island. We need more sponsors. Please spread the word, as we are always looking for new Sponsors!
The Lend A Hand Project is dedicated to helping needy families on Long Island. We need YOUR help to meet our goals.